It’s really important for us to know some basic tips about how to properly take care of our clothes and some important wardrobe essentials. Fashion Staples, of course, is one of those important things that we have that are very expensive and valuable to preserved that needs proper care.
Good thing that ThirdLove has a step by step guide for us readers on giving tips on how to save our lovable essentials by following #SaveYourStaples
Whether it’s your favorite ripped jeans, your leather jacket or that best-fitting bra. We know how hard it can be to maintain these valuable staples and to save in the long run.
Here are some techniques that you can use to preserved your favorite essentials all season long:
Because taking better care of your wardrobe will save you money in the long run.
Few additional savvy tips that will help:
- Pay attention to Labels: read the tags found on the shirts you purchased. It will give you all the laundering instructions that you need to ensure that your clothing stays in great shape.
- Fold not Hung: Heavy sweaters should be folded and not hung to avoid stretching them out.
- When taking care of your Leather Jacket: use a damp cloth to wipe dirt from the leather. To avoid the damage, it may need dusting by using a camel hair brush and dry cotton cloth. Storing the jacket on a clothes hanger can also prevent wrinkles on leather so make sure not to fold and keep away from direct sunlight and other heat sources.
- Iron with Care: Using too much heat on delicate fabrics can ruin them so make sure to used the right level of heat when ironing.
- For your Favourite Footwear: Always make sure that your shoes have a space in the closet to line up on the floor or shelves. Never throw it into a big bin and compile with other shoes because it can scuff the material.
Clothing items and other accessories are not meant to last forever but I hope these savvy tips will help and by being a little careful in the way can add more months or years to your favourite staples. It all depends on how you care.
I would love to hear about your favourite wardrobe items and on tips to #saveyourstaples. Comment down below!